Villa Godi Malinverni

Villa Godi Malinverni


Palladio's project for the construction of a villa at Lonedo for the Godi brothers was begun in 1537 and completed in 1542. The earliest work that we can definitely attribute to Andrea Palladio, it represents the first stage of an ongoing quest to identify and construct a new type of country residence capable of combining local building traditions with the knowledge Palladio was acquiring thanks to Trissino. Highly symmetrical and bereft of any form of refined embellishment, the building presents clearly-defined volumes on account of an arrangement in which the central part of the façade is slightly withdrawn and contains an open loggia. The same symmetry characterises the general plan of the villa, organised around the central axis formed by the loggia and the salone. The decorative work of the interiors was carried out initially by Gualtiero Padovano and later by Battista Zelotti and Battista del Moro. At the same time, Palladio returned to work on the building, modifying the rear opening of the salone and creating the semi-circular garden and a splendid well-head.

Villa Godi Malinverni
via Palladio 44, Lonedo di Lugo Vicentino, Vicenza
tel. +39 0445 860561  fax +39 0445860806
www.villagodi.com   e-mail: info@villagodi.com
Visite:
martedì 14.00 - 18.00
sabato 9.00 - 12.00, domenica 10.00 - 19.00
Open to the public:
Tuesdays 2.00 - 6.00 pm, Saturdays 9.00 - 12.00 am,
Sundays 10.00 am - 7.00 pm

Ristorante “Il Torchio Antico”
presso le barchesse, con menu turistici
The restaurant ‘Il Torchio Antico’ is located in
the wings of the villa (tourist menus available)
tel. +39 0445 860358 www.iltorchioantico.com